Crime & Safety Resources

This is a list of various resources to report crime, code violations, pot holes, graffiti, road maintenance, and more. We do our best to keep this information current. If you find something is out of date or would like to suggest additions to the list, please contact us and let us know.

(updated February 8, 2020)

To Report a Crime:

Non-emergency Sheriff’s number – (253) 287-4455

Call 911 when an immediate response is needed. Call the non-emergency number (24/7) for all other calls. Note that 911 & the non-emergency line are managed by South Sound 911

File a Crime Report –

Drug Tip Hotline Report Illegal Drug Activity in unincorporated Pierce County –

Reporting criminal or suspicious activity to Neighborhood Watch: Local Neighborhood Watch Group Info

To report mail fraud, mail theft, or file a complaint:

To reach Code Enforcement or report concerns with the following:

  • Land Use Issues such as Occupied RVs/tents, Illegal Businesses, Illegal Signs, Property Line Setbacks, Livestock and Fowl, Salvage, Wrecking and Vehicle Storage Yards, Building Without Permits, Hearing Examiner’s Conditions
  • Public Nuisances such as Property Maintenance Issues, Illegal Dumping, Abandoned Vehicles, Junk Vehicles
  • Environmental Issues such as Critical Areas, Fill and Grade, contaminants is storm drains & ditches

Call (253) 798-INFO (4636) or file online –

If you are afraid of retaliation or harm, you can file an anonymous complaint. Just be sure to click the box indicating an anonymous complaint.

To reach Pierce County Road Crew:

Downed or missing STOP & YIELD signs, or traffic signal concerns – Report these as emergencies 24-hours a day via (253) 798-6000. The Traffic Division replaces missing or downed STOP or YIELD signs 24 hours a day. 

Report potholes, road maintenance issues, traffic signals, illegal or broken signs and flooding in unincorporated Pierce County either by phone at (253) 798-6000, or online via

Request a Traffic Signal or other traffic calming devices – call (253) 798-7250 or visit 

The Summit-Waller Community Association Board requests traffic signals, calming devices, and lighting on an annual and as needed basis. Please contact the board to include your request.

Follow Pierce County Planning & Public Works on Facebook here –

Follow Pierce County Road Operations response activity here

To report illegal dumping:

If on State Highways and/or rights of ways (I-5, SR 7, SR 167, Hwy 512, etc.):

Department of Transportation

Tacoma Maintenance
11211 41st Ave SW
Tacoma, WA 98499

Phone: (253) 983-7550

Jeff Hastings, Maintenance Superintendent


If on County Roads and/or rights of ways:

Pierce County Planning and Public Works

County Road Maintenance Hot Line – (253) 798-6000

Requests will be acted on within 24 hours or the next business day.

Or use the on-line Maintenance Request form:

Contact for:

  • pavement repair and resurfacing
  • drainage system and culvert maintenance
  • grading and graveling shoulder areas
  • clearing roads of snow, downed trees, and debris
  • street sweeping and litter removal
  • roadside brush cutting and mowing
  • illegally placed signs

After Hours Road Emergencies

Emergency Maintenance Phone – (253) 798-6000 

To reach Animal Control:

Animal Control

Phone:  (253) 798-PETS (7387)

More information on their website –

To reach County Councilmembers and Executive:

District 5 (all of Summit-Waller): Marty Campbell 798-6653

Not sure who your Councilmember is?

Find Your Council District –

EXECUTIVE: Bruce Dammeier 798-7477

For Mapping and Property Information:

Pierce County Public GIS

Find parcel specific information such as permits, applications, septic as-builts, tax assessor information, and more at:

Public Record Request Form:

For Drainage Ditch Issues:

Pierce County Ditch Issues – contact PC Road Maintenance Division – (253) 798-6000 

County Road Maintenance Hot Line – (253) 798-6000

Requests will be acted on within 24 hours or the next business day.

For After Hours Road Emergencies:

Emergency Maintenance Phone – (253) 798-6000

After-hours road emergencies (except downed signs).

To report Needle/Syringe Pick-up or Disposal:

If you find a syringe in your neighborhood, contact: (253) 381-5229 or (253) 334-9576

For Landlord/Tenant Resolution Services:

Both offer free resources and/or mediation:

Washington Mediation Association –

Tacoma-Pierce County Housing Justice Project –

For Free Smoke Detector and/or Smoke Alarm Battery Replacement:

If you are financially unable to afford them or unable physically to change batteries, please contact Central Pierce Fire Department Prevention Department – (253)538-6402

To report Illegal Fireworks:

For Unincorporated Pierce County:

 July 1 – July 3: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
 July 4: 10:00 am – 12 Midnight
 July 5: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm (only when the 4th falls on a Sunday)

Fireworks complaints call (253) 798-4721 or (800) 562-9800. Do not call 911 for fireworks complaints.

For more information about fireworks in Pierce County –